Written by Marc Borms
Facts and stuff
Been playing blues & gospel for about 30years and counting. Most of my career is linked with the African-American gospel & blues singer Lea Gilmore, a great artist and a true friend in sharing our common ground.
- 2000-2008 Gospel for Damien with Lea Gilmore: a serie of gospel concert with local choirs all around Belgium, singing with local choirs. +50 concerts for sold out audiences
- 2003: visiting the Democratic Republic of Congo and concerts with Lea Gilmore
- 1999: blues/gospel concert with Lea Gilmore & Norbert Detaeye, Brussels
- 1999-2009 African American Music & History workshops everywhere in Belgium with Lea Gilmore
- An evening with Lea Gilmore: concerts at the International School of Brussels
- concert with Lea Gilmore in the American School of Paris
- 2008: concerts & workshops with Lea Gilmore in Scotland
- 2008: gospel & blues tour with Lea Gilmore in France ( Paris, Lille, Metz, Toulouse ), invited by the US Embassy
- 2008: school workshops and concerts with Lea Gilmore in Lugano, Switzerland
- 2008: gospelconcert with Norbert Detaeye & French gospel choir "Faith in Action"
- 2009: workshops & concert with Lea Gilmore in Lugano, Switzerland
- 2009: "In the spirit", a tribute to Mahalia Jacskon with Lea Gilmore. CD & DVD recording @ Bluesoandaastoazze, Hamme Belgium